Work Visas – South Africa

Volunteer Visa
Volunteer visa’s are required for all foreigners who wish to take up non remunerative or charitable activities with bona fide institutions inside South Africa

Retired person
A retired or financially independent person may apply for temporary residence in this category provided he/she complies with the requirements

This category of temporary residence permit is designed to cover persons participating in programmes of cultural, economic or social exchange organized by an organ of state or a public higher educational institution, in conjunction with an organ of a foreign state

Life partner
Life partner permits are issued to foreigners who are immigrating to South Africa with a South African boyfriend or girlfriend (life partner) with whom they are in a permanent relationship

Spousal permits / visa’s for immigration to South Africa are issued in the case of a husband or wife of a South African citizen or permanent residency holder wishing to immigrate to South Africa.